New Alumni NetCommunity launched!
By Jessica Grandhomme / Created 2009-12-15
What is AUP ALUMNI
On November 29th the Alumni Affairs Office launched AUP ALUMNI ONLINE (AAO), a website and net community for our global alumni community, also to be used by staff and faculty alike as a way to connect and inform through our ever increasing and global alumni community. This is an exciting project that we hope will increase communication and reconnection within the alumni community – on both social and professional levels – and one that we envisage alumni will become increasingly involved in. We ask all of our alumni and former students to join and make this a vibrant online community!
How do I use the AAO Web Site?
There are many ways to take advantage of AAO; here is a list of the sections and links so far:
• Community: A way for alumni to catch up with campus and faculty news, order diplomas and transcripts, take advantage of alumni benefits, take part in discussions, search classmates, upload photos and read up on news from the President and Board of Trustees.
• Alumni News : This section allows you to see the latest monthly alumni e-Newsletter, catch live news articles as they come in concerning AUP and it’s global community through a live news feed, read up on individual personal and professional alumni news, send in your own news for us to publicize to the community….and of course read our first electronic version of the AUP Magazine!
• Events: Find out about upcoming events around the world, search and post events on the interactive events calendar, and find out what we have planned for the 2010 Global Alumni Weekend.
• Careers: We envisage this will become a very important section of AAO and currently contains a professional networking section, MyAUP careers database, advice, and the possibility to search and post jobs. We will be transferring the jobs database from MyAUP over to AAO in the coming weeks and will make this section as advantageous to alumni and former students as possible, involving not just the alumni community, but also recruitment professionals and regular support and advice from our Career Office.
• Chapters and Groups: Find out what groups exist around the world, and start another one wherever you are! Links to chapter/group websites and information make it easy for you to find out what’s happening in your region.
• France Links: This section enables you Francophiles out there to find out what France-based events are going on in your region, connect to French tourist sites, find out where to stay on your next visit to Paris, take part in discussions concerning the French capital and more.
• Support AUP: Find out how you can support AUP through volunteering, and help your alma mater and current students by making your campaign and annual donation online.
We’re hoping that this online community will reunite and connect you, to fellow alumni, faculty, staff and AUP friends alike. This is a wonderful investment for the whole community and we hope that involvement and support from all corners of the community – and globe – will help make this a vibrant and mutually advantageous net community. We hope that we will raise our active alumni by another 15%, and push the alumni giving numbers up from 2% to 10% in the coming 2 years. We are excited to say the least – and hope that the alumni community feels the same.
We ask alumni to put as much information in their profile section as possible, enabling fellow alumni and former students to connect and to become involved in AAO. Send us your information, tell us what you would like to see on AAO, and spread the word!